The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sorry for moaning so much lately, just got a bit of stuff going on here.

There is this idiotic thing that I do when I am sick, and I am doing it again. I loose sense of my body being connected up and belonging to me (eg my arm lying next to me in bed will give me a heck of a fright coz I wonder whose arm it is).

I keep getting startled by a 'thing' flying in my face, but it turns out that it is a cup of tea that I have lifted up to drink from, or my toothbrush when I am standing at the bathroom sink brushing my teeth. I just don't seem to be able to keep it all integrated.

This is not new, it's very old, and it's back, again. Oh well. Just another of those annoying little symptoms.

But, I had a nice walk with my dogs tonight - and my daughters cat ADORES my new winter woolies, and leaps on me and purrs furiously anytime she can when I have them on. I think I will have to dig out an old jersey and put it basket so she can snuggle up.

hope you're all enjoying your weekend

raglet

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
((((((Raglet))))))

That sounds very scary indeed :sad: are there any meds you can take to help?

winter woolies :eek: we are currently experiencing our first bit of summer :)
you might be wise hiding your new woolies from your daughter's cat,just to be on the safe side :hehe:

take good care raglet :hug:
karen x

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
{{{{hugs}}}}

Aren't snuggly cats morale lifters? Even though he's grown to be 17 1/2 lbs my little red boy still climbs up on my chest to rub my face and :blush: nibble on my chin hair.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Wow, Raglet, that sounds scary. The only thing I can relate to it was when I had my first son and it was a Caeserean. Afterward this drill sergeant of a nurse came in and ordered in a true barking voice "Lift you leg! Lift your Left Leg!" Through the fuzzy I told her "I can't, Ican't even feel it." And then this thing was in front of my face. Andkept getting higher. It was my leg. I couldn't even imagine how it got there. She went through all four limbs. Each one rose eerily in front of my eyes while I had no sensation of willing it to happen or of my body acting.

I think having that happen without a prior surgery would be terrifying and I hope it settles quickly.

Sunny

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Yes that does sound scary,

It happened to me once that weird feeling but it was not at all lupus related. I had just been thrown by a chestnut mare and she was kind enough to come down on my arm - I say kind because it turned out my head was about 10 cms away from the arm - and she severed basically everything except the skin. The nerve was obviously not completely severed and I had this terrible pain in my arm so looked at it to see the damage and....IT WASN'T THERE!!! Although totally illogical I got a real fright. I eventually found it in a totally different position to where my nerve was telling me it was. It took over a year to heal and I was basically one armed for that year.

Anyway, nothing to do with your experience but yes, very unpleasant and an odd feeling indeed.

I hope things look up a bit for you soon Raglet,
Katharine

·
Registered
32 Posts
mad as a hatter

:mad: :eek: :lol: :wink2: i know wot you meen my brain sure aint connected to the rest if me, my kids think its funny and my old man just rolls his eyes, wot a lot of support they are. keep your chin up and laugh as much as you can.xx

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.