The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, nice to meet y'all. To be honest, I'm hesitant to post this because I still feel uncomfortable discussing my illness but I've looked through past threads for a while now and I thought it necessary that I joined in. Just a bit of an introduction, I am seventeen years old. I became symptomatic during my sophomore year of high school and was diagnosed this past summer.
I know a lot of y'all are older than I am and have had problems for much longer, so I thought it would be nice to receive some advice. I don't really know anyone with health problems, haha. I take more medicine than my grandparents combined ...
I just, I thought this could help me a bit. Or at least I'm crossing my fingers. :oops:

·
Administrator
7,567 Posts
Hi and welcome to the site. It can feel isolating to be the only one with a chronic illness, that is why forums such as these are so good. You can intereact with others who understand, ask questions, find information and exchange tips. Feel free to ask any questions that you may have. People are happy to help.

Take care

Reactions: wolf1

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi, nice to meet y'all. To be honest, I'm hesitant to post this because I still feel uncomfortable discussing my illness but I've looked through past threads for a while now and I thought it necessary that I joined in. Just a bit of an introduction, I am seventeen years old. I became symptomatic during my sophomore year of high school and was diagnosed this past summer.
I know a lot of y'all are older than I am and have had problems for much longer, so I thought it would be nice to receive some advice. I don't really know anyone with health problems, haha. I take more medicine than my grandparents combined ...
I just, I thought this could help me a bit. Or at least I'm crossing my fingers. :oops:
I had similar reservations, but this website has been a great source of strength and information. Ask questions! Be well!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, Gracie-May,

Have you been told anything by your doctors about this disease? Have you read anything about it?

Do you want to tell us about your symptoms, or the story about how it all began and you were diagnosed?

People here all have their own story, and no two are alike (some are similar), but we've all had similar frustrations.

I look forward to hearing your story.
Gigi

1 - 6 of 6 Posts