The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone, hope you are alll enjoying the gorgeous weather.
i just wanted to ask if anyone has ever written to there MP nd had a positive outcome. did you get a personal reply and if so how long did it take??
i have had a nightmare week, and found how just how unfair the benefit system is. i am so angry, and so have written to my MP. i will let you no if it was worthwhile!! im not holding my breath though
take care xx

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
I wish you luck Louise! If you write a letter I understand it has to be addressed within 28 days!

Local MP's are usually available by phone!!

If you don't get a response I would suggest you attend an event the MP is at and try to talk to them!

Sorry to hear that the benefit system has not worked for you! I'm not on any benefits but dread the time I have to apply!

Take care!

Lesley

PS-if all else fails send a copy of your letter and story to the local papers!

·
Registered
339 Posts
Hi Louise,
I e mailed my MP and within a few days I got an e mail back saying they were looking into it and then I got a letter from the Under Secretary of State. Mine was just a query on the new Fire Regulations for small Bed and Breakfast establishments. The reply didnt really help me but it clarified what I wanted to know.
Hope you have some luck.
Sal x

·
Registered
339 Posts
Just to say Louise.
I told my sister to write to hers this morning because she has come off benefit and started up her own business working 16 hours and the job centre said it would all be so easy. Shes been waiting 8 weeks for them to sort things out at the housing benefit office. when she rings every Monday they ask each time if she has sent the form in and then say its on someones desk pending.
What a shambles it all is.
Sal x

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
we are very lucky with the Norfolk Lupus Group as our MP is one of our Patrons and he attends as many AGMs as he can work permitting and is very supportive.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts