The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i all hope you all doing good i am not to good explaneing stuff and spelling not good but i just woundering if anyone has this or might even know what it could be

i could be doing anythink walking sitting and i just shout out because i get a suddon electric shock or like if someone stuff a pin or inseck bit me feeling can be anywere on body as soon as it comes it goes its really horrable its total like if someone comes up and puts a pin in your are and then pulls it out or an insect bits you suddon and then stops in this last week ive had it twice its not all the time but i know ive had it more than once i must look a nutter to my hubby and kids cos i be sit quietly with them and then suddly shout out owch or ive even suddly jumped up out the chair waaaa omg i sound nutty lol

so just wounding if anyone know what i mean or has this to or am i just a alien lol

its really embarriceing ive even done it in a shop just looking at stuff and then zapped again lol i cant even be quiet about it cos its that suddon

sry about spelling and hope you can understand what i try to explane

thanks 4 your time
w3ndy x x x

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Hi there,

I used to get sudden electic shock sensations in my leg years ago when flaring, it was weird and yes it hurts a lot :eek:. Lucky it doesn't last long! It did go away of it's own accord thank goodness.

love
Lily

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
Hi there, and I am stumped about what you are going through. I have never experience anything like that in my life, (that I can remember ). I can
understand the embarassment that you are feeling inside. Hopefully, your's
will be like "Lily's" and go away on it's own. I will be thinking of you, hope you
get better soon.

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Hello Wendy :)
Funny you should mention it. I sometimes get a sharp very ouchy jab in the sole of a foot luckily very brief indeed as if I had stood on a needle or sliver of glass except I am not necessarily standing. I have peripheral neuropathy ( numbness) in my feet, but I'd never thought these jabs might be another symptom of it. This PN and general neuropathy can cause all sorts of weird sensations.
Something to put on your 'lesser' symptoms list.

Hugs
Clare

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Here's a description of the types of pain and sensation, or loss of it, that might be caused by neuropathy, from neurocentre.org

FEATURES OF NEUROPATHIC PAIN
The underlying abnormal activation of the pain system in neuropathic pain bombards the spinal cord and brain with odd patterns of pain impulses. This often results in some bizarre painful and non-painful sensations that can feel very strange and it is these features that can give a clue to the presence of neuropathic pain. In patients with neuropathic pain, there are three types of changes that can occur; painful symptoms, visible skin changes and loss of sensations. These are described in detail here.
Painful symptoms
Classically, neuropathic pain results in ‘spontaneous’ pains, which are painful sensations that seem to have a life of their own, and ‘evoked pains’ which are bizarre and painful responses to an ordinary physical stimulus.
Spontaneous pains are of two types. The first is called ‘continuous’ which is like a steady and ongoing painful sensation often felt in the skin where it might feel like burning, cutting, pricking, tingling, pins-and-needles and stabbing. Sometimes continuous pain is felt in the deep tissues where it is commonly described as cramping, aching, throbbing and crushing.
The second type of spontaneous pain is called ‘paroxysmal’ pain which means that they are intermittent and often come on out of the blue. Paroxysmal pains are usually described in terms of shooting, stabbing, lancinating or jabbing.
Evoked pains are usually exaggerated responses to some ordinary everyday physical event. One example is called ‘allodynia’ (allo-din-eeya), literally ‘different pain’. This describes pain that comes on from a simple contact that is not normally painful like brushing clothes against the skin (mechanical allodynia) or a cool breeze (thermal allodynia, if caused by temperature changes). Other types of abnormalities mean that physical contact in one area of skin results in painful sensations in another, or pain that radiates down a whole leg or arm. Some patients will report prolonged painful after-sensations long after the initial event has passed (called hyperpathia). Patients with neuropathic pain will often report that their skin just feels hyper-sensitive to ordinary knocks and cuts: hyperalgesia (hyper-al-jees-eeya).
There are several possible causes. Mine in my feet just happens to be drug induced. There are medicines that can relieve it. Mind, I dont know if this is what you are suffering from.

Clare

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Hello Wendy

I have never experienced this, thank goodness, so i'm probably no help what ever.

I went through a phase of getting static electric shocks though, and i did look nuts because you do tend to be a bit dramatic when you are all relaxed minding your own business and something gets you all of a sudden.

In fact I once accused somebody of sticking a pin in me because that's is exactly what it felt like, then a bit later it happened again, but nobody was near me. This time it was accompanied by quite a noticable 'crack' sound. I realised what it was and went to apologise to the man concerned.

Fortunately he did see the funny side, but I was very embarassed.

I hope you get to the bottom of it because it does sound unpleasant.

:love:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts