The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone.:)

I had the whitening procedure done to my teeth and I just want to report that they look really nice and much whiter than before. I was a bit sensitive to the light, but only because it got very, very warm (almost hot) and my teeth felt like they were getting very hot too. I also felt a few sharp pains here and there (nothing horrible but very uncomfortable). Turns out..my teeth are sensitive too. :rolleyes: So,the dentist could not use the light for the full 15 minutes. But I am happy with the results and they sent me home with a kit to use once a day to continue the whitening process.

Overall, it was a success! :bigsmile:

Take care. :)

Rhonda

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
:) How about some pics of your new pearly whites - I was thinking about you yesterday and wondered how it went............I'd love to have mine done, but too chicken right now. Had my hair lightened though, that will do for this month :lol:

love
Lily

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Lily.

I don't know how to post pictures here, but if I can figure it out I would be happy to.:)

I'm a little dissappointed today because after careful examination I am noticing some places near the gum line that did not get whitened. It's not noticeable unless you look very closely. They put some sort of blue stuff around the teeth to protect the gums and I think it got in the way of the whitening process in that area. I'm hoping the take-home kit they gave me will fix it. If not I'm going to ask my dentist to fix it at the follow up appointment in a couple of weeks. But my teeth do look much better and I'm happy I did it.

How do you like your lighter hair? What color did you go with? I have never dyed my hair before, but I know I will once I start getting really gray. My daughter colors her hair all the time. She's a blonde but loves to dye her hair various shades of brown or red. She has fun with it.

Well, I'll see what I can do about posting some pics of my teeth. I'm not very technilogically savy, but I'll try. :hehe:

Take care.:)

Rhonda

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Hi Rhonda,

I'm not that computer savvy and brain dead today, I think you can upload pics into your profile into a gallery, maybe it gives instructions :lol:

I hope the take home kit helps whiten those bits near your gum, as you say though it's probably only you that will notice that.

I am naturally blonde but it's got darker as the years have gone by and I don't have hardly any sun exposure, so I just got it back to where it was...........blonde :lol: not very adventurous!

love
Lily

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Aha, if it helps and you have your photo on a site on the internet they can be inserted by clicking on the icon here which looks a bit like a letter with a postage stamp in the right hand top corner. It gives you space to put a URL in.

Otherwise I will go check out what has to be done in our personal albums....................click on your name, then go to your profile on the right hand side. It has a facility to start your own photo album, which can be uploaded from your computer.

love
Lily

1 - 5 of 5 Posts